A funny story...
A couple of weeks ago when Kyle (21) and I (49) were at Home Depot buying a new water heater, we were standing at the checkout line. I was standing towards the front of the large cart on one side and Kyle was standing towards the back of the cart on the opposite side. The older employee who helped us was standing back by Kyle and he said to Kyle, " I will get someone to help you load this so your wife doesn't have to help." A few seconds later Kyle moved to my side of the cart and smiled at me as if to say, "Did you hear what he said?" I smiled back at Kyle as if to say, "Yes, I heard." We both laughed. When we were driving away with the water heater all loaded up, Kyle said, "Were you flattered, mom?" We both just laughed again. So, did the employee really think that Kyle and I were married? Did he think that Kyle looked older then what he really is? Was it Kyle's facial hair that day? Did he think that I looked younger then what I am? Did he think that we were just another odd modern couple with a younger husband and an older wife? Who knows, but we got a kick out of it.
that is great! by the way you DO LOOK really YOUNG!
ReplyDelete