On Wednesday, April 22nd, we were expecting Tyson's mission call to come. Kyle and I were leaving to go mow lawns when our postman (Kirk Allred) flagged us down as we were leaving our neighborhood. He happily gave us Tyson mission call. I was so excited and so grateful for our postman for flagging us down. So, Kyle and I turned around and took Tyson's mission call back to the house. Tyson was at work and so we called and told him it was home waiting for him. We also called Russell to tell him. We were expecting his call that day so we had already planned to gather as a family at 5:00 p.m. (after work and school) for the "opening party." When it was time to open the call, I of course had to put the mission call back in the mailbox to get a picture. It is a very "Kodiak" moment. Well, then we went back into the house and listened and waited as Tyson read his call. "Dear Elder Gray: You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the PERU LIMA EAST MISSION. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 29, 2009. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language." We are very grateful and excited as a family at this time. Tyson will participate in "phased training or split-training" as he will spend three weeks in the Provo MTC and then six weeks in the Peru MTC.
PERU!! WOW!! Exciting for him, and I can't believe how fast time flies, just by watching your kids! They seemed so little when Sky was born, and they are all missionaries and getting married, and having babies, Life is TOO FAST!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Tyson!
That is awesome! I would have put it back in the mailbox too to get my photo op...Wendy is right time has just flown by.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Tyson
Hi Judy... Congrats to Tyson on his mission call. I am glad I am on the down hill of these missions, I have loved the experience, but miss them sooo much. Logan will be home in 80 days.. and in Colten 11 months. I love peeking in on your blog. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteHappy for you! Congrats to Tyson he is such a good boy! He will be a great missionary!! Love ya.
ReplyDelete