Monday, April 6, 2009

Bye, bye water heater

The old leaky water heater...notice the damp carpet.
Russell's very helpful nephew, Lukus.

The new and larger water heater.

For a couple of years now, Russell and I have been waiting for our water heater to go out. Sound like a pessimist, right? Well, we have been told that water heaters last MAYBE fifteen years and we have been in our home now for 17 1/2 years. Several of our neighbors water heaters have gone out years ago, and so that's why we have been waiting for it to go out. Well, I noticed that it was leaking and so I told Russell about it and we decided that we better replace it before it blew. I called Russell's nephew, Lukus, and so he came and looked at it. He verified that we should replace it. He gave me information of what to look for and sent me to go looking at Lowe's and Home Depot for a new one. It was quite the two day adventure with buying, disposing, returning, buying again, and installing. THANKS to Lukus we have a working hot water heater again and it's a larger one then before. We are VERY grateful for hot water and for Lukus' help.

No comments:

Post a Comment