Monday, January 24, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a day to remember and honor those who have passed away.  Russell and I really enjoy going to the Lehi Cemetery with his brother and sister-in-law, Johnny and Mary, on Memorial Day.  They give us a personal tour of the cemetery of where the many family members are buried of Russell's.  Not only do we have family members here, but we also have many friends, former neighbors, former ward members, and classmates buried here.  It's like walking down memory lane as we stroll along the grassy fields.  I love this cemetery!  It's a feeling of peace and home, with so many loved ones buried here.  Our son, Tyler, is buried close by Russell's father.  Thanks, Johnny and Mary for the many tours you have given us over the years.  Oh, and afterwards, we go to their home for breakfast.  What a great tradition! 
This is the back side of Russell's father's headstone.  He was a great man!
 The front of Russell's father's headstone.
Russell's great-grandfather and great-grandmother, James and Elizabeth Gray.
 Russell's great-great grandfather and great-great-grandmother, Joseph and Mary Gray.
 Russell came from the James Gibbs Gray line.
 James Gibbs Gray
Daniel Stillwell Thomas, is who our son, Tyler, and our grandson, Bronco, are named after.  Daniel was a devoted and faithful early Mormon pioneer.  Tyler loved the name Stillwell and so do I. 
The original pioneer headstone of Daniel Stillwell Thomas.
Daniel Stillwell Thomas
Russell's grandparents, James and Genevieve Thomas.
Memorial Day Flags. This is a beautiful cemetery.

I don't know why I don't have pictures of Russell's grandparents on his mother's side (Merriel & Gudrun Wathen), but they are buried here also.  Maybe my battery died or my SD card was full??

No comments:

Post a Comment