Monday, January 24, 2011

Luau

We had a great luau in our backyard for our mutual activity.  The food was superb, the decorations were fitting and colorful, and the entertainment was unforgettable. I had so much fun planning it and I learned alot too.
 We had a hula hoop contest and it was a blast.  Lacey is quite good, but I think I could outlast her any day.
 Some of the youth getting ready for the program.
 More youth & leaders.
 "W" on the far right...he's a great support to me.
This young adult has worked at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii and he was heading back to soon to work again at the PCC.
 Niko, one of our priest, preforming a fire dance.
 Niko
 Niko
Niko taught a few of our young men some fire dancing techniques.  Niko & Josh.  Josh's mom would not have been pleased to know that her son was participating in this dangerous stunt.
 T.J.'s showing off his new fire dancing skills.
Our fire dancers.
 Niko
Niko's brother, who was the head fire dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment