Thursday, May 6, 2010

Second Miler Award

I got an unexpected phone call one evening.  The person on the other end of the phone said that I had been nominated for a scout award.  I was confused and surprised.  She went on to explain that the award was from the Squaw Peak District and it was called the Second Miler Award and someone had nominated me for it.  I told her that I didn't serve in the scouting program anymore (it had been seven months since I served as the Scout Committee Advancement Chairman).  She said that I had been nominated when I was serving, but the awards ceremony is only once a year.  She also said that I was invited to come to the upcoming dinner and awards ceremony.  At the ceremony, it made me think of how much more I could have done in that calling.  It inspired me to ALWAYS do my calling to the best of my ability.  We are here to serve others and to learn and grow ourselves.
P.S.  Russell was sick the evening of the awards ceremony and so I went by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment