On Saturday, March 27, our Ward Young Women had the privilege and honor of receiving tickets to go the the Young Women General Meeting at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. I was truly overwhelmed with the feeling of being so blessed to live so close to have this opportunity. I just thought of all the Young Women throughout the world that would be watching or listening to this meeting and to think the WE were able to actual GO the the Conference Center and be in the same building as our prophet, President Monson, and the Young Women General Presidency and the many other general church leaders. I just wanted to soak up and enjoy every moment of this opportunity. I drove up and took Lacey and some others from our Ward: Lara, Madison, and Heather. We got there early to enjoy Temple Square for a little while before we had to be in our seats. I enjoyed being in our seats early and just watching everyone, especially Sister Dalton and her counselors walking within the crowd and talking to the Young Women and their mothers. We are so blessed! Lacey's cousin, Annemarie, sang in the choir. It was fun to see her there particpating. The meeting, with the wonderful speakers, was an evening to remember. We were encouraged to "Be of a Good Courage," "Never, Never, Never Give Up!" and "Remember Who You Are!" President Uchtdorf's talk "Your Happily Ever After" was a righteous fairytale to remember and he encouraged all the Young Women to create their own "Happily Ever After." Once again I want to express my gratitude for this special evening with Lacey at this meeting.
Madison, Heather, & Lacey
Young Women Value Flags
*Faith*Divine Nature*Individual Worth*Knowledge*
*Choice & Accountability*
*Good Works*Integrity*Virtue*
Salt Lake Temple
Lara & Madison
Lacey & mom
"If The Savior Stood Beside Me"
The beautiful Spring flowers on Temple Square.
After the meeting we went with some other Ward members, Julie and Lauren, to a little (and I mean real little) waffle house for some delicious dessert waffles. This gave time for the bulk of the traffic to clear out so we had no traffic problems coming or going.
Judy & Julie at Bruges
No comments:
Post a Comment