This is a Flowering Pear Tree in our front yard. We call this tree our "Tyler Tree," because several people in our Ward gave this to us when Tyler passed away. Because of the strong winds that comes from the canyon, all the trees in our neighborhood lean towards the south. Well, the funny thing about this tree is that it leans towards the north, which is the opposite direction of all the other trees in our neighborhood. Sort of like Tyler had a mind of his own and he did the opposite of others. Russell and I even put stakes up to try to get this tree to stand straight, but it wouldn't move, so we eventually took the stakes out. Russell and I smile when we look at this tree. We love you Tyler! Happy Spring!
Flowering Plum Tree, also in our front yard.
Pretty purple pansies.
Blooming tulips.
Apple tree in our backyard.
Mrs. Robin in her nest by our front door.Spring has sprung in our yard! With the beautiful blossoming trees and flowers, the lush green grass, the birds singing, and the garden growing, how could you not love Spring! It is a time for new birth and new beginnings. I love it! As, do I love all the seasons. As you can see from the photos, our yard is gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Russell has worked hard over the years, so that we can enjoy this beauty and appreciate the Lords creations.
This year we have a new friend in our yard. Mrs. Robin has made a nest right by our front door. She has four beautiful blue eggs in her nest. About three years ago Kyle found this sparrows nest and he put it above our front light fixture. Well, a few weeks ago we watched Mrs. Robin fly back and forth from our house to the neighbors rain gutter to get supplies (mud) to build this nest into a robins nest and not a sparrows nest. It was so exciting to watch this nest transpire. We now go in and out the back door more, so we won't disturb Mrs. Robin and her eggs.

Beautiful!! I love spring also but I love love love summer!!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Robin is lucky to have your family as neighbors, how sweet.
ReplyDeleteJudy, you make me cry. You are an awesome mom. I love you for your talents.
ReplyDeleteLooks so pretty! I don't think spring has sprung up here yet! But we are patiently waiting!
ReplyDeletewe have a robins nest out back by Malens shop, full of little eggs too!!
we have to watch it close because a few years ago the magpies bird napped the chicks, it was heartbreaking. this year we are on guard!