WARNING: This is a LONG journal entry for my sake. I just wanted to document a few real busy days in my life.
Busy, busy, busy…whew!
Saturday, April 25
To start the morning off, Russell and I taught a class at our Stake Emergency Preparedness Fair. We taught it on Alternative Cooking - Cooking Without Power. This was the second time that we have taught this class for this event. Of course, when you teach something you learn the most and benefit the most from the preparing. Hopefully our family will be prepared in the event of an emergency.
Russell had to leave early from this class to head to work at Cabela’s. He and his brother, Bert, were doing a Dutch Oven demonstration. Russell was cooking Chicken Enchiladas. Yummy!
I came home for about a half hour and took care of a few things and then headed off to Russell’s nieces (Kiersten) bridal shower. I left the bridal shower a little early to get back home to help Lacey get ready for prom. After I came home I dashed to the store, twice, once to get a little clutch purse and then another time to get shoes…both for Prom.
After Lacey left for prom, I really needed to go get gas in automobiles and go to the grocery store, but instead I stayed home to finalize my talk for the following day.
Sunday, April 26
Russell and I spoke in Sacrament meeting. I was asked to speak on “being forgiving” and Russell was asked to speak on “the value of work.” Once again we benefited the most from studying and preparing our talks. I think the bishop thought we, along with the rest of the Ward needed to learn a few things. Lots of people have told us how much they needed to hear the messages in our talks.
Right after sacrament meeting, Russell and I had to dash down to Provo to meet with the BYU 12th Stake Presidency. We didn’t know why, but we were asked to be there at 11:15 a.m. Upon arrival, we were given a piece of paper to fill out (like an application) and they took our pictures. Weird! Then we were called into the Stake Presidents office to meet with the presidency. We were asked to tell about ourselves. When we were done the Stake President said, “Thank you for meeting with us today. We have some callings to fill and you may be called back for another interview or you may get a letter in the mail that basically will say, thanks but no thanks.” Weird! After we left we felt like we were at a job interview. We totally understand that they have no clue who we are and they needed to find out a little about us, but still it was weird.
Russell once again needed to dash off to work at Cabela’s. I went home and took a nap.
At 6:00 p.m. our Stake was having an Adult Fireside on finances. I went by myself (because Russell was still at work) and I really enjoyed listening and learning. I had to leave the fireside early because our home teachers were coming at 7:00 p.m.
Monday, April 27
I had errands that I needed to run for Russell, house cleaning to do, and bills to pay.
Tuesday, April 28
I had a Stake camp meeting at 10:00 a.m., then I went with Kyle to mow a few lawns, then I picked Lacey up from school, came home, and then took her to a food handlers permit class for one of her summer jobs (Summer Sno). While she was in class I ran some errands in the area, then I dashed home to fix dinner, then I dashed back to pick Lacey up.
Russell and I had another appointment down at BYU at 6:30 p.m. At this time Russell was asked to serve on the High Counsel in the BYU 12th Stake. This will be a new experience for him/us. I look forward to supporting him in this calling.
Then we dashed home to have dinner with Hyrum and Courtney, as Hyrum was leaving the next morning for the summer to work in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Courtney leaves two weeks after him.
Wednesday, April 29
A full day of mowing! Kyle and I mowed eleven lawns and I mowed three by myself. That’s fourteen lawns in one day! When Russell got home from work at BYU, he and I worked three more hours, pulling out some pine shrubs for a customer and hauling them away.
My brother, Ernie’s birthday was this day and with being so busy, I forgot. Sorry. It’s a good thing that I sent him a card earlier.
All I have to say is life is busy, busy, busy.
D&C 60:13 Thou shalt not idle away thy time, neither shalt thou bury thy talent that it may not be known.”
D&C 75:3 “Neither be idle, but labor with your might.“
D&C “Cease to be idle.“
It’s been said, “Idleness is of the devil.” Well, the devil isn’t going to catch me, I’m too busy for him.
I had to laugh! To funny and to cute. No devil with ever get my Judy. Congrats to Russell. He will love it and the students will LOVE Russell.
ReplyDeleteJust like Barb, I had to laugh, too funny. I love those scriptures, so true, I guess I vetter get busy, so he doesn't catch me...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Russell, that is awesome, I know he'll do great job.
love you
Man... I got tired reading what you did in one day.... I enjoy checking in on your blog. Maybe I will catch you at Debbie's soon.
ReplyDelete