Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nick & Lizzy

Courtney & Judy at the Salt Lake Temple
Nick & Lizzy as they exit the temple to greet family and friends.

  • On Saturday, May 9th Hyrum's high school buddy, Nick, married Lizzy in the Salt Lake City Temple! Hyrum was out of town in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, but Courtney and I were able to attend their sealing ceremony.
  • While we were in the marriage waiting room Courtney leaned over to me and said, "I think that's Hyrum's mission president standing over there." Courtney had met him in the autumn at Hyrum's mission reunion. He was with his wife and they were busy talking to another couple. We watched him for a few minutes and then I got brave and went over and stood by them, waiting for a break in their conversation to ask them their names. Finally there was a break in his wife's conversation, so I asked her what her name was. I can't pronounce it, but I knew it was her, especially with her accent. Yes, Courtney was right, it was Hyrum's mission president! I introduced myself and then they introduced me to whom they were busy talking to. It was Hyrum's first mission president, President Debry! I started to cry...I was so thrilled to meet them both together with their wives and in the temple of all places. At this point Courtney came over and I introduced her. I was so sad that Hyrum wasn't there. He LOVES and ADMIRES President Teixeira. It was a memorable experience. We are so blessed to be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
  • At Nick and Lizzy's outdoor reception later that evening they had a mariachi band come and play. Everyone was having so much fun, either dancing or just watching others dance. It was so fun! Hyrum has such GOOD friends.
  • P.S. Hyrum's mission president (Elder Jose Teixeira) spoke in April General Conference (he is now a Seventy). His talk is on pages 104-106 in the May 2009 Ensign.

1 comment:

  1. Yay that was so fun for you and Courtney. I loved my mission president.

    ReplyDelete