Thursday, April 29, 2010

Foot Surgery

Russell broke his foot in early October (just walking).  Well, the doctor felt that it would/should heal on it's own.  Well, nope it didn't.  So, after three month's of walking on crutches, they decided to do surgery. January 4, 2010
I was his personal nurse for quite some time.  I truly enjoyed serving him (most of the time).  Sometimes he would get a little frustrated with his situation so he would get a little snappy.  I had to bring him back to reality and then he would be kind and patient again.
He wasn't suppose to walk on his foot and so he would scoot up and down the stairs and crawl around the house. 
He has two battle wounds, one where they did a bone graft (heel) and one where they did the repair work. 
These are the many "boots" that we have collected over the years.
Finally he was able to walk with crutches again.  He was on crutches for over five months.

No comments:

Post a Comment