I had the opportunity to go to our Ward Youth Conference June 22-24! I don't serve in Young Womens...I'm one of the Assistant Stake Camp Directors though, so I guess that sort of counts. Well, out of the ten women who serve in Young Womens, only one was able (or willing) to go to Youth Conference. So, the bishops wife and myself got to join in on the fun (thanks for asking me Sheila). We camped for two nights in a little town south of Manti called Mayfield (I had never heard of this town before). We played games, ate very well, went boating, had several devotionals, went to the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti, and did baptisms for the dead at the Manti Temple. I had a great time and it was so fun to be there with Lacey.

I just think this picture of Lacey hanging out in the tent is just darling of her.

This was part of a devotional that Brother Eggett did. Brother Eggett was giving Lacey instructions and asking her to fall backwards off of the boat. Lacey was SO trusting that you could see the concern on Brother Eggetts face. I was a little nervous too.

Eventually Lacey chose (one at a time) four people to catch her.

Isn't she just gorgeous! I love her happy smile.

Jace, Tanner, Danny, Josh, Kaci, Kimberly, Tamara, and Lacey are ready to hit the lake.

Sister Rowley and myself tubing on Yuba Reservoir. WAY FUN!

Bishop Jeffs was trying so hard to tip off Robert Lau (which he eventually did), so we had a WILD ride.

Beautiful and good girls.
Kimberly, Tamara, and Lacey.

After boating, we stopped at the Gunnison Community Pool to take showers so we would be clean for our temple attendance the next day.

The Manti Temple grounds before the pageant started.

Tanner, Rachel, Emily, and Lacey pose while waiting for the pageant to start.

All the females gathered for a picture before leaving for the temple.

The whole group heading to the Manti Temple for baptisms.
(The picture is a little too dark, I know...sorry.)

Lacey and I after doing baptism in the Manti Temple.
What a great way to end a Youth Conference by going to the temple.
We didn't know you had a blog! I can't believe we have been missing out on updates on your family. The youth conference looks like is was an awesome trip, so much fun and so uplifting, the Manti Temple is amazing. I can't believe how grown up and gorgeous Lacey is, wow!
ReplyDelete