Friday, July 10, 2009

I had a BLAST!

I had a BLAST at our Stake 4th-Year Adventure Hike. Sara (Assistant Stake Camp Director) planned the camp out and she did a fantastic job. We went to Capital Reef National Park for two nights and three days. We hiked several different hikes, but the main hike was the Sulpher Creek Trail (5 miles). Most of the hike was walking in the creek. There were three different natural water slides along the trail. We slid down two of them. It was SO MUCH FUN! This was definitely my type of fun. Thanks Sara for planning such a great and successful outing. I am already looking forward to next years 4th-Year hike.

Lacey just got her Cafe Rio style dinner ready to eat. YUMMY!
Hickman Bridge Trail
Lacey is the third from the left.
Great girls...I really enjoyed them.
Lacey and mom (Judy).
The Leaders.
Sara (with her baby Kennedy), Judy, Sheree, Cindy, and Deborah.
Walking down the Sulpher Creek Trail.
Sara and Judy.
Lacey is getting ready to go down the first slide.
The landing of Lacey.
Lacey and myself, after we both slid down.
Our beautiful camp spot at the group campsite at Capital Reef.
Of course I had to take time and do a photo shoot of Lacey.
This hike reminded me of my dad. It was a hike to go see the Mormon Pioneer Register. Some of the pioneers carved their names into a huge rock wall. I'm sure that when I was young my dad took me here.
"Ranger Adam Fan Club"
We went to the nighttime presentation put on by the Rangers. We knew ahead of time the Ranger Adam (21 years-old) would be doing the presentation this particular evening. Some of our Young Women made sure they were there early so they could sit on the front row. Ranger Adam was nervous knowing that these Young Women were closely watching him. Afterwards, we of course had to get a picture of him and some of the Young Women. They are all showing off their badges that they were given. A great memory was made.
Cohab Trail
Cool rock formations!

3 comments:

  1. wow...what a fun trip! I can't wait to do girls camp stuff with Allison! You both looked like you had a wonderful time. I want to know was the water cold? Lacey is soooo lucky to have a wonderful fun mother like you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun trip! Sara is so awesome. I can't believe she brought her baby along...actually I can believe that, it's Sara. Wish I were there to go to camp with the girls. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete