

Out with the old and in with the new.
We said good-bye to a longtime friend in December…our refrigerator of almost twenty-two years. We noticed that the freezer section went out one Sunday morning and we thought that the refrigerator section was going out too, but like a good friend it kept serving us and it hung in there until we got a new one. For years our children have been bugging Russell and I to get a new refrigerator, because as you can see by the photos it wasn’t the most attractive thing and I’m sure our children were a little embarrassed by it. I’m a believer in the famous quote by many church leaders that have said, “Fix it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.” We had “fixed it up” by the duct tape on the handle, we were “making it do,” but finally it “wore out.” As silly as this sounds, it was an emotionally event for me. It did its job and served us well over the years. It brought back memories of when we bought it when we moved into our home in Arizona on Jentilly Court next door to our dear friends the Carrells. Also, we bought it around the time that I became pregnant with Kyle. So, as you can see it brings back many joyful memories. I say, “See ya later, refrigerator” with sadness and gratefulness. Thanks ole friend.
Yeah, your first post!!! And I'm the first comment. Hooray! I'm so glad you're a blogger now ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I know I already told you this, but I was so sad to see a new fridge at your house last week. I mean, it was gonna happen eventually, but it was so weird!
ReplyDelete